If you want to fully immerse yourself in Asian cookery and dive right in to the challenge of mastering key Indian dishes, then this residential cookery course is perfect for you!
Take a step back from the hustle and bustle of your daily grind and retreat to the beautiful Tyddyn Retreat in the Cambrian Mountains of Mid Wales near Machynlleth, Powys, where for two days you’ll have nothing to do but relax and enjoy learning new cookery skills. You’ll be surrounded by Wales’ stunning scenery which will allow you to unwind and take in the fresh country air to truly rejuvenate your senses. Two barns can accommodate up to 6 guests each in either single or double occupancy rooms and for a cosier feel there is the cottage which sleeps 4 guests, making it perfect for a group of friends or two couples.
Enjoy two nights away, with all your meals taken care of and learn how to make the most of local seasonal produce to create beautiful Indian dishes bursting with flavour. Three cookery sessions over the course of the weekend will cover all you need to know to get you started on your Asian culinary journey; breads, starters, curries, spice blending and how to bring it all together to create a wonderful Indian meal to be proud of.
This weekend retreat is priced at £250 per person and includes:
- 2 Nights accommodation with a full breakfast both mornings
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday night
- Lunch on Saturday
- Three cookery sessions with Anita Sharma-James
- Discover the rich cultural food heritage of India and her diverse regions
- Learn about the most commonly used spices, their health benefits and culinary uses.
- Make your own spice blends and then use these to create your own scrumptious Indian starters, finger food, curries and breads using fabulous local produce.
- Enjoy sharing the delicious and aromatic Indian meals created together in wonderful surroundings.
The next residential cookery retreat is on Friday 17th – Sunday 19th October 2014.
Vegetarian Cookery Retreats
Vegetarian Cookery Retreats are also available and include all of the above along with the vegetarian themed cookery sessions:
- Discover the health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Learn new ways of combining ingredients and new techniques to expand your vegetarian repertoire
- Make your own exotic vegetarian dishes including those from the Middle East, Nepal, Thailand and India.
- Enjoy sharing the delicious and aromatic vegetarian meals created together in wonderful surroundings.
The next vegetarian cookery retreat is on Friday 26th – Sunday 28th September 2014.